WSIB CLAIMS PARALEGAL SERVICES
The workplace insurance system provides benefits and services to workers who have been injured at work or who have illnesses related to work. Workplace insurance is also called workers’ compensation. This law is called the Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, 1997.
Benefits of WSIB
If your claim is allowed, you may be eligible for WSIB benefits, including benefits for lost pay and help to recover and return to work.
- Benefit for loss-of-earnings: If you miss time from work because of a work-related injury or illness we may pay for your loss of wages.
- Benefit for non-economic loss: You may be eligible for this benefit if your work-related injury or illness causes you to have a permanent impairment.
- Health-care benefits: If you need help with your recovery, we can provide benefits for treatment, medical devices, equipment and supplies, and prescription drugs.
- Help to return to work: If you need support to get back to work, we can provide services and build a customized return-to-work plan that is right for you.
- Benefit for loss-of-retirement income: If you are under 64-years-old at the time of your injury or illness and have been receiving a loss-of-earnings benefit for at least one year, we will put 5 percent of your benefit into a retirement fund that you are paid starting when you turn 65.
- Services for seriously injured people: If you are seriously injured on the job we can provide you with specialized services to help you recover and improve your quality of life.
- Services for people with occupational diseases: If you have a serious occupational disease (e.g., cancer, asthma, silicosis) we can provide you with specialized services to help you recover and improve your quality of life.
When you’re eligible for WSIB benefits
You will be eligible for benefits if:
- Your employer is covered by the WSIB;
- You have a work-related injury or illness;
- You or your employer report your injury or illness to us and your claim is allowed;
- You provide us with the information we need to make decisions about your benefits; and
Need more information regarding your WSIB rights? Our paralegal services are designed to help you with getting the best out of your WSIB benefits.